If you need a copy of the publications or have any questions, please feel free to contact Dr. Jun Li (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- J. Li and M. Ostoja-Starzewski, Thermo-Poromechanics of Fractal Media, Philosophical Transactions A (2020), accepted.
- R. Ghandriz, K. Hart, J. Li, Extended finite element method (XFEM) modeling of fracture in additively manufactured polymers, Additive Manufacturing. 31 (2020) 100945. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.addma.2019.100945.
- J. Zuo, J. Lu, R. Ghandriz, J. Wang, Y. Li, X. Zhang, J. Li, H. Li, Mesoscale fracture behavior of Longmaxi outcrop shale with different bedding angles: Experimental and numerical investigations, Journal of Rock Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering. (2020). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jrmge.2019.11.001.
- O. Aljarrah, J. Li, W. Huang, A. Heryudono, J. Bi, A Self-Organizing Evolutionary Method to Model and Optimize Correlated Multiresponse Metrics for Additive Manufacturing Processes, Smart Sustain. Manuf. Syst. 3 (2019) 20190024. https://doi.org/10.1520/SSMS20190024.
- P. Biswas, S. Guessasma, J. Li, Numerical prediction of orthotropic elastic properties of 3D-printed materials using micro-CT and representative volume element, Acta Mech. (2019). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00707-019-02544-2.
- O. Aljarrah, J. Li, W. Huang, A. Heryudono, J. Bi, ARIMA-GMDH: a low-order integrated approach for predicting and optimizing the additive manufacturing process parameters, Int J Adv Manuf Technol. (2019). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-019-04315-8.
- J. Li, S. Yang, D. Li and V. Chalivendra, “Numerical and experimental studies of additively manufactured polymers for enhanced fracture properties”, Engineering Fracture Mechanics, 204, 557-569, 2018.
- J. Li, K. Kwok and S. Pellegrino, “Thermoviscoelastic models for polyethylene thin films”, Mechanics of Time-Dependent Materials, 20(1), 13-43, 2016.
- J. Li and M. Ostoja-Starzewski, “Edges of Saturn’s Rings are Fractal”, SpringerPlus, 4: 158, 2015.
- M. Chittenden, A. Najafi, J. Li and I. Jasiuk, “Nanoindentation and Ash Content Study of Age Dependent Changes in Porcine Cortical Bone”, Journal of Mechanics in Medicine and Biology, 15(5), 1550074, 2015.
- E. Hamed, E. Novitskaya, J. Li, I. Jasiuk and J. McKittrick, “Experimentally-based multiscale model of the elastic moduli of bovine trabecular bone and its constituents”, Materials Science and Engineering C, 54, 207-216, 2015.
- J. Li and M. Ostoja-Starzewski, “Fractal shear bands at elastic-plastic transitions in random Mohr-Coulomb materials”, ASCE Journal of Engineering Mechanics, 140(9), 04014072, 2014.
- J. Li and M. Ostoja-Starzewski, Comment on “Hydrodynamics of fractal continuum flow” and “Map of fluid flow in fractal porous medium into fractal continuum flow”, Physical Review E, 88, 057001, 2013.
- M. Ostoja-Starzewski, J. Li, H. Joumaa and P.N. Demmie, “From fractal media to continuum mechanics”, Journal of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (ZAMM), 93, 1-29, 2013.
- J. Li, A. Saharan, S. Koric and M. Ostoja-Starzewski, “Elastic-plastic transition in 3D random materials: Massively parallel simulations, fractal morphogenesis and scaling functions”, Philosophical Magazine, 92(22), 2733-2758, 2012.
- E. Hamed, E. Novitskaya, J. Li, P.-Y. Chen, I. Jasiuk and J. McKittrick, “Elastic moduli of untreated, demineralized, and deproteinized cortical bone: Validation of a theoretical model of bone as an interpenetrating composite material”, Acta Biomaterialia, 8, 1080-1092, 2012.
- E. Novitskaya, P.-Y. Chen, E. Hamed, J. Li, A. Lubarda, I. Jasiuk and J. McKittrick, “Recent advances on the measurement and calculation of the elastic moduli of cortical and trabecular bone: a review”, Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, 38(3), 209-303, 2011.
- J. Li and M. Ostoja-Starzewski, “Micropolar continuum mechanics of fractal media”, International Journal of Engineering Science, 49, 1302-1310, 2011.
- J. Li and M. Ostoja-Starzewski, “Fractals in thermoelastoplastic materials”, Journal of Mechanics of Materials and Structures, 6, 351-359, 2011.
- J. Li and M. Ostoja-Starzewski, “Fractals in elastic-hardening plastic materials”, Proceedings of Royal Society A, 466, 603-621, 2010.
- J. Li and M. Ostoja-Starzewski, “Fractal pattern formation at elastic-plastic transition in random heterogeneous materials”, ASME Journal of Applied Mechanics, 77, 021005-1-7, 2010.
- M. Ostoja-Starzewski and J. Li, “Fractal materials, beams and fracture mechanics”, Journal of Applied Mathematics and Physics (ZAMP), 60, 1194-1205, 2009
- J. Li and M. Ostoja-Starzewski, “Fractal solids, product measures and fractional wave equations”, Proceedings of Royal Society A, 465, 2521-2536, 2009. Invited as a reprint in Formamente, VI, 93-113, 2011.
Conference Proceedings and Book Chapters
- P. Biswas, J. Li, A. Heryudono, J. Bi, “Prediction of printing failure of a 3D printed drone propeller using Fused Deposition Modeling”, Science in the Age of Experience, 531-540, 2018.
- R. Ghandriz, J. Li, “ABAQUS/XFEM to study the fracture of 3D printed polymers considering layer interfaces”, Science in the Age of Experience, 541-551, 2018.
- J. Li and M. Ostoja-Starzewski, “Application of fractional calculus to fractal media”, Handbook of Fractional Calculus with Applications, Edited by J.T. Machado, Springer, 2018.
- M. Ostoja-Starzewski, J. Li and P.N. Demmie, “Continuum Homogenization of Fractal Media”, Handbook of Nonlocal Continuum Mechanics for Materials and Structures, G. Voyiadjis, eds., 1-31, Springer, 2017.
- J. Li, K. Kwok and S. Pellegrino, “Large-Strain Viscoelastic Constitutive Models for Thin Polyethylene Films”, 56th AIAA/ASME/ASCE/AHS/ASC Structures, Structural Dynamics, and Materials Conference, AIAA-2015-0194, 2015.
- E. Novitskaya, E. Hamed, J. Li, I. Jasiuk and J. McKittrick, “Correlation of multi-scale modeling and experimental results for the elastic moduli of cortical and trabecular bone”, Mechanics of Biological Systems and Materials, 5, 99-107, 2013.
- E. Novitskaya, E. Hamed, J. Li, I. Jasiuk and J. McKittrick, “Correlation of multi-scale modeling and experimental results for the elastic modulus of trabecular bone”, Mechanics of Biological Systems and Materials, 4, 59-65, 2013.
- E. Novitskaya, E. Hamed, J. Li, Z. Manilay, I. Jasiuk and J. McKittrick, “Hierarchical Structure of Porosity in Cortical and Trabecular Bones”, MRS Proceedings, 1420, mrsf11-1420-oo10-09, doi:10.1557/opl.2012.488, 2012.
- J. Li and M. Ostoja-Starzewski, “Fractal solids, product measures and continuum mechanics”, Chapter 33 in Mechanics of Generalized Continua: One Hundred Years after the Cosserats, G.A. Maugin and A.V. Metrikine, eds., 315-323, Springer, 2010.